Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The inauguration of Barack Obama as America's 44th president

Best Wishes Mr. President. Great speech!
I wonder if he is an author of the speech or it is rather collective effort of many writers. Anyway, the message was strong and greatly delivered. I really want to see him succeed. I cannot help to think that despite the biggest effort and willingness to change the world, the president can do only so much. I really want to believe him. I am hoping that there is more to it than just brilliant rhetoric. I am happy to see Joe Biden being VP and I am extremely happy that Hillary Clinton will be next Secretary of State. There is no doubt in my mind that she will measure up to standards set by the greatest Madeleine Albright. Good luck to all of them. What a great times to be alive!
Image: Famous now Obama's poster created by Shepard Fairey.

2 comments:

  1. Maggda,

    I was so moved by President Obama's speech too! I will ask myself each and everyday "What can I do to change the city, state, and country to which I live for the better?" He inspires me to be a better person and citizen.

    ReplyDelete