Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Bucket list - revisited again

August 2017:  Time to revisit my bucket list. I created first post in  2014  and I revisited it in 2016. It is time for updates

I was able to check a couple of items on my list, but not too much. I was able to fulfill my other big dream though, that was not a part of my bucket list:  1. We purchased a beautiful house with a large yard and a trampoline -which made my kiddos very happy :-) 2. Lucy (10) is an avid book reader and now I am able to actually enjoy some her books (A Snicker of Magic, Connect the Stars, Phoebe and Her Unicorn)  and she reads my recommendations (She just finished first two Harry Potters)

The list is not in order. I think Tokyo, TED conference, and live long enough to spoil my grandkids are still my front-runners. I am adding visiting Scotland my husband, and my children roots 
  • Listen to a good music in Havana, Cuba  - with the opening of the US Embassy in Cuba in July 2015 it just becomes more real!  Update: I watched Anthony Bourdain show about Cuba and I am somehow disappointed with how  run down everything looks there this days. Did I romanticized it too much?
  • Experience Tokyo with Rob
  • Walk with Lucy on a Great Wall of China
  • Show kids Paris from the Eiffel tower
  • Put a little free library in front of my house -  COMING SOON! My friend Justin agree to build it for me for a reasonable cost
  • Eat Crabs in Main
  • Visit Alaska
  • See the Stonehenge in England
  • Eat again sourdough bread and seafood at San Francisco’s Fisherman's Wharf
  • Visit Olympic Peninsula
  • See the Persepolis in Iran
  • See the old city of Jerusalem
  • Visit New Orleans (We did that in 2012 on our 10th wedding anniversary! )
  • Take kids on an African safari
  • Visit Kremlin
  • See original Kiss by Klimt
  • See the Les Miserable on Broadway
  • See Mama Mia on Broadway
  • Visit the Salvador Dali Museum is an art museum in St. Petersburg, Florida
  • See Blondie on stage
  • See Madonna in Concert
  • Attend Pitbull Concert (Rob gave me a ticket for Christmas! I went to see Pitbull and Enrique Iglesias on Feb 21, 2015! I went with my nieces Emily and Elyse. We had VIP tickets and had a blast dancing right next to the stage)
  • Become sustainable member of NPR and IPR - done
  • Become a Google certified Teacher
  • Become a Google Certified Education Trainer (as a teacher of EdTech&Design, I kind of am, but not certified)
  • Know at least a little about every marvel listed on the UNESCO's World Heritage List 
  • Finish Doctorate
  • Read all Terry Pratchett
  • Buy an  RV camper 
  • See the performance at Sydney Opera House http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/
  • Fly for a date with Rob to Hawaii
  • Visit Every Continent!
  • Visit Salvador Dali Museum in in Catalonia, Spain.
  • Send my girls to college
  • Learn to ski (started winter  2014-2015. We went a few times to Sundown and put together the ski sets for the whole family. It is a good start. We could not continue this past winter because we were planning to purchase the new home)
  • Learn to swim
  • Own a piano
  • Learn to play piano :-)
  • Learn to play guitar - I am not sure if I learn it, but Lucy started her guitar lessons in Spring 2017!
  • Ride on a horse in some scenic location
  • Participate in a carnival in Rio I do not have to worry about ZIKA virus!
  • Have my brother visiting me in the US
  • Visit my brother in Ireland
  • To have my parents visiting me here again - My mom will come in May for 3 months and my dad will join us for a few weeks! 
  • Tour CNN -I did that partially past summer (2015)! We went to Atlanta and visit the CNN building built, but our destination point was to tour the set of The Walking Dead so we did not have time for the CNN tour
  • Be in a live audience during Jon Stewart’s The Daily Show (too late)
  • Be in a live audience during  Colbert Report (too late, but there is still a Late Show option)
  • Organize my attic - Ha! That got solved with the move to the new home. I finally opened the old trunk that I purchased with the house. It was full of old linen and a sailor uniform.  I need to take it to The Grout museum- perhaps they will find it valuable to them. 
  • Attend TED conference
  • Spoil rotten my grandchildren  :-)
  • Visit Scotland 

No comments:

Post a Comment